Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 11 to 17, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker, featured below.
- January 11: Boko Haram killed four and kidnapped four in Alom, Chad.
- January 11: The MNJTF and Nigerian Air Force killed four ISWA (Boko Haram) commanders along with "several" other Boko Haram militants (estimated total of fifteen) in Kukawa, Borno.
- January 12: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Owan West, Edo.
- January 13: Kidnappers abducted two teachers in Owan West, Edo.
- January 13: Kidnappers abducted two in Ola-Oluwa, Osun.
- January 14: Gunmen killed thirty and kidnapped one hundred in Kaduna, Kaduna.
- January 14: Gunmen kidnapped two health workers in Zurmi, Zamfara.
- January 14: Bandits killed twenty-nine in Gummi, Zamfara.
- January 15: Bandits killed fourteen in Gummi, Zamfara.
- January 17: Kidnappers killed one and abducted twenty-two in Shiroro, Niger.
- January 17: Gunmen killed two in Zangon Kataf, Kaduna.